Information courtesy of Michelle Ménard, Winter Cities Shake-up
Thrive, Prosper, Create and Have Fun! Please join us at the International Winter Cities Conference, February 16-18, 2017 in Edmonton, Canada.
The Winter Cities Shake-Up is three days of thinking outside the box about how we do winter. Innovators, leaders, researchers, creators and makers from around the world will gather together to share and showcase new ideas and approaches for taking advantage of all winter has to offer.
Through interactive discussions and field trips giving you hands-on experiences, we’ll explore winter culture, winter design and planning, opportunities for businesses to take advantage of the season, and how this all ties into healthier citizens, more prosperous cities, and all of us having more fun during the world’s coolest season! Please click here for more information and to register.
We want a country in which:
- public, private and social sectors are engaged in active efforts to close the gap between the socioeconomic wellbeing of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
- the public sector, private investors and philanthropists separately and collaboratively deploy financial capital to create positive social and environmental impact
- social innovation is an integral part of Canada’s innovation ecosystem, enabling civic institutions to co-create policies, initiatives and programs that enable citizens to contribute a diversity of skills and perspectives to Canadian society
- public, private and civil society sectors act collaboratively and courageously to advance human thriving and address shared challenges
- humans’ social and economic footprint is in balance with the natural ecosystems that sustain life.