Did you participate in a We Are Cities roundtable or contribute to the online discussion forum last year?
The teams at Evergreen CityWorks and the Montreal Urban Ecology Centre have distilled the hundreds of fantastic ideas brought forth, identifying commonalities and areas that are primed for local and national action. Click here to download the We Are Cities Action Agenda: a collective expression of the kinds of cities we, as Canadians, want.
Excerpt from the Introduction:
We want a country in which:
- public, private and social sectors are engaged in active efforts to close the gap between the socioeconomic wellbeing of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
- the public sector, private investors and philanthropists separately and collaboratively deploy financial capital to create positive social and environmental impact
- social innovation is an integral part of Canada’s innovation ecosystem, enabling civic institutions to co-create policies, initiatives and programs that enable citizens to contribute a diversity of skills and perspectives to Canadian society
- public, private and civil society sectors act collaboratively and courageously to advance human thriving and address shared challenges
- humans’ social and economic footprint is in balance with the natural ecosystems that sustain life.