The David Suzuki Foundation has announced the Blue Dot Tour – a cross-country celebration featuring David Suzuki and a star-studded line up of Canadian performers, artists and leaders.
They are doing this to promote a simple idea: That all Canadians should have the legally recognized right to drink clean water, breathe fresh air and eat healthy food.
From September 24 to November 9, 2014, David Suzuki and the Blue Dot Tour will take this message on the road. With stops in 20 communities from St. Johns, Newfoundland to Vancouver, B.C., this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience not to be missed.
As David makes his way across the country, he’ll be joined by other Canadian icons who believe that by coming together to take action locally, we can guarantee all Canadians the right to a healthy environment no matter who they are, or where they live.
David says this is the most important thing he’s ever done. Around the world, more than 110 nations already recognize their citizen’s right to live in a healthy environment. Canada is not one of them. But by standing together, The David Suzuki Foundation believes we change that.
Visit www.bluedot.ca for dates, line-ups, and tickets.
For more information, contact the David Suzuki Foundation at 1-800-453-1533
Photo credit: Bluedot.ca
We want a country in which:
- public, private and social sectors are engaged in active efforts to close the gap between the socioeconomic wellbeing of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
- the public sector, private investors and philanthropists separately and collaboratively deploy financial capital to create positive social and environmental impact
- social innovation is an integral part of Canada’s innovation ecosystem, enabling civic institutions to co-create policies, initiatives and programs that enable citizens to contribute a diversity of skills and perspectives to Canadian society
- public, private and civil society sectors act collaboratively and courageously to advance human thriving and address shared challenges
- humans’ social and economic footprint is in balance with the natural ecosystems that sustain life.