The McGill Institute for the Study of Canada is hosting a conference on The Cities We Need in Montreal from February 19-20, 2015.
Given that cities have moved to the centre of the policy agenda in Canada, there is a need to discuss how governance can better reflect what citizens want and need from their cities. The Cities We Need conference will look at the ways in which cities are reinventing themselves and, in turn, reinventing what it means to be Canadian. What can we do to make our cities more equitable, sustainable and participatory?
Panels and presentations will include:
- City Governance – The Mayor’s Perspective
- Digital Issues
- Focusing on Urban Culture: Urban Imaginaries in the World
- The Urban Night
- The infrastructures we need
- Urban Citizenship
- Cities, Territories, Worlds
- Justice, Equality and the City
Read the full program ; register here.