Supervisor: President & CEO
Team: President’s Office
Application Deadline: 13 January 2020 at 9:00am EST – EXTENDED to January 20, 2020 at 9:00 am EST
Starting date: Immediately
Position Type: Full time for one year, extendable
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus a generous benefits package and three (3) weeks vacation plus one week during holiday season
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/2rY6aZI
Interviews will be conducted on the 16, and 17 January 2020
About the McConnell Foundation
Headquartered in Montreal, and with staff in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver, the McConnell Foundation is a private philanthropic foundation focused on the transition to an equitable low-carbon economy; reconciliation and social inclusion; community wellbeing and civic engagement; and tools for social innovation, social finance and system change.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience working for a leading Canadian philanthropic foundation.The Associate works with the President & CEO and his Advisor and also liaises with the Program and administrative teams. He or she will be involved in many internal and external meetings, offering a unique opportunity to learn about the Foundation’s work and the philanthropic sector. This is a full time position. The schedule is generally Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00. Some evening work and travel might be required.
It is expected that the Associate will spend 50% of their time on administrative duties and 50% on other program-related activities. Main tasks include:
50% Administrative duties
- Scheduling and support with meetings (including time tracking and tech support);
- Along with the Advisor, the Associate will support inbox management (monitoring correspondence, drafting replies, etc.)
- Travel booking and expense reports;
- Logistical support for Foundation events.
50% Program & Organizational Support
- Support the President/CEO and/or Advisor on strategic files and relationship building/management;
- Liaise with the Program and Administrative teams;
- Support the President/CEO in grants and contract management including drafting letters to grantees and partners;
- Attend meetings with the President/CEO and/or Advisor. Ensure follow ups and make links and connections with Foundation programs and initiatives;
- Participate in the design, planning and implementation of convening activities;
- Work with the Communications team to prepare decks and other materials;
- Contribute to Foundation-wide strategic learning and program / operational improvements.
Skills and attributes:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent training / expertise;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French;
- Superior interpersonal skills with colleagues and partners of diverse backgrounds and sectors;
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management and organizational skills;
- Great sense of prioritization in a fast-paced environment;
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to change;
- A high level of professionalism and integrity;
- Ability to work as a self-sufficient member of a multidisciplinary team.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience in and knowledge of the public sector, the private sector, and/or civil society;
- Experience with organization of convenings and events;
- Demonstrated commitment to community development through volunteer or work experience;
- Experience and/or openness to working in diverse cultural contexts;
- Availability and willingness to travel on occasion.