The Foundation is seeking a Development Manager for its Solutions Finance Department.
Open to professionals with seasoned experience in impact investing or development finance, this full-time position is designed to support strategic investment development and partnership management across Foundation programs and help advance the Foundation’s overall Solutions Finance activities.
Location: Montreal, with some travel.
Closing date for applications: January 31, 2019.
Starting date: February 2019.
Remuneration: based on experience, with health and pension benefits.
Interested applicants please send CV to email@example.com
Position Title: Development Manager
Department: Solutions Finance
Reports to: Director, Solutions Finance
The Solutions Finance Development Manager fills a central role in the Solutions Finance team, supporting the development of solutions finance projects and strategy within Foundation program initiatives and through collaborations with external (local, national and international) partners.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the development of solutions finance projects within program initiatives.
- Collaborate with Program Directors and Sr. Management to develop impact investing and solutions finance strategies and projects – including blended finance and other product development – across program initiatives and Foundation strategic priorities.
- Build strategic partnerships to advance solutions finance and impact investing objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of grants related to strategic development of social finance and market building in Canada.
- Provide input and work with Solutions Finance and Investment teams to advance the strategic and operational developments of the Foundation’s impact investments.
- Conduct research of financial tools and models to maintain the department’s knowledge current.
- Supervise interns and manage consultant contracts as needed.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute projects and to manage tasks independently with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong ability to develop strategy and broker partnerships.
- Knowledge of Finance, investment and blended finance.
- Passion for the Foundation’s mission.
- Good management and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
- At least 8 years of experience with impact investing, blended finance and/or development finance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Experience in sustainable development and social innovation or social economy field an asset.
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Business, Finance or related field an asset.