Join the McConnell team to support progressive change in Canada
Headquartered in Montreal, and with additional staff in Ottawa, Toronto and Edmonton, the McConnell Foundation is a national private foundation that supports efforts to build a more inclusive, sustainable, resilient and innovative Canada.
The Foundation is currently recruiting a Senior Designer to join the Foundation’s small Communications Team. This is a maternity-leave replacement for one year, starting in June, 2020.The successful candidate will oversee the integration of McConnell’s strategic direction into all communications platforms, including web and social media, and digital and print campaigns. We are looking for a candidate who has successfully translated a strategy or vision into a cohesive and campaign that is “on brand”
Ideally you will be a self-starter with strong project management skills. In an effort to keep our staff healthy our office will be working from home for at least part of the employment period. Salary commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package and three (3) weeks of vacation and one extra week during winter holiday season.
Application deadline: May 25, 2020
(applications are reviewed on a rolling basis as they are submitted)
How to apply: Interested applicants should upload a 250-word statement about what interests you in this role, an up-to-date cv, and portfolio to https://bit.ly/2SLXX4Y
Position Title: Senior Designer
Purpose: Oversee integration of McConnell’s strategic direction into all communications platforms, including web and social media, and any digital and print campaigns, as well as support the day-to-day design needs of the Foundation, liaising with internal staff and external freelancers/agencies as needed.
Supervisor: Director of Communications
- Oversee a strategic and rigorously data-driven restructure of the McConnell website
- Design appropriate solutions that will enable the effective communication of McConnell’s new strategic direction
- Gather and leverage information from core stakeholders (staff, grantees and partners) to understand how McConnell’s digital communications can best contribute to and amplify positive change in Canada
- Advise on and oversee design projects (liaise with agencies/freelancers) to ensure McConnell’s brand standards are maintained and that communications products are compelling
- Help produce multimedia presentations that are persuasive and clear
- Support other design needs of the Foundation as needed.
Skills and attributes
- Proven ability to translate complex conceptual and strategy frameworks into compelling visual content that aligns with an established brand
- Comfortable in a fast paced, agile environment with frequently shifting tactics in service of bold, transformational change
- Ample knowledge and experience working on design solutions for the Web
- Client-focussed: comfortable and skilled at interviewing and ascertaining clients’ needs and exceeding expectations
- Highly collaborative and transparent
- Interested in social change making efforts in the charitable sector and beyond
- Acumen with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Experience / Requirements
- Minimum 5 years experience in providing creative design support for the web
- Diverse portfolio showcasing design work in digital and print
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Team player
- Knowledge of Canadian’s charitable sector is an asset.
- Familiarity with UX design research an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in at least one of Canada’s official
- languages; functional in both.