Background of the organization
The Low Carbon Funders Group (LCFG), a collaborative of Environment Funders Canada, is dedicated to spurring strategic collaboration to advance a net zero carbon economy for Canada. The group is chaired by Annie Bérubé, Program Director at the McConnell Foundation. This collaborative funding supports the implementation of federal climate policies.
Funding will support ten environmental organizations in their policy research, modelling of GHGs emission reduction, government relations and public communications, to advance the following federal climate policies:
- Clean affordable electricity
- Putting a cap on oil and gas emissions & regulating methane emissions
- Improved federal carbon pricing for big polluters
- Climate governance
- Just transition legislation
- Phasing out federal subsidies to fossil fuel production.
- Focus Area Funding