Building on the work of Vibrant Communities – a decade long poverty reduction initiative of the Tamarack Institute for Community Engagement and the McConnell Foundation – the Réseau québécois de revitalisation intégrée (RQRI) was established in 2008 by the two Quebec Vibrant Communities sites – Démarche des premiers quartiers de Trois-Rivières and Vivre Saint-Michel en Santé, in Montreal. It currently has 19 member organizations throughout Quebec.
The Foundation’s grant supports the expansion RQRI’s poverty reduction efforts in Quebec and its continued collaboration with Tamarack Institute on the national poverty reduction program.
- Continue collaboration with Tamarack’s Cities Reducing Poverty Initiative.
- Enhance RQRI’s role as a community of practice (learning community)
- Increase opportunities for learning and sharing by developing an interactive on-line platform and hosting regular face-to-face forums.
- Recruit new member-organizations and strengthen links between existing members.
- Increase the visibility and understanding of the CCI approach to poverty reduction and community development.
- Initiate action-research on the Quebec experience with CCI by developing a collaboration with academic or research partners.
- Develop a long-term financial strategy for the RQRI.
- General Funding