Background of the organization
The Montreal Climate Partnership is an independent initiative that brings together economic, community, philanthropic and institutional organizations recognized for their level of commitment to the climate issue and their capacity to influence. The project aims to mobilize the key players in the Montréal community to help reduce GHG emissions by 55% by 2030 and put the city on the path to carbon neutrality by 2050. By contributing funding, the McConnell Foundation is joining this partnership, which also includes Fondation du Grand Montréal, the Trottier Foundation and the City of Montreal.
The MTL Climate Partnership focuses on reducing greenhouse gas emissions from buildings and transportation (which account for 65% of the city’s emissions), adapting to climate impacts, and engaging businesses and strengthening citizen engagement.
The Foundation’s funding will support the coordination of technical working groups to implement projects in 2022, including:
– Establishing an accelerator for low-carbon, resilient and inclusive buildings and neighbourhoods in Montreal.
– Tools to showcase the best low-carbon options and their cost-effectiveness when replacing fossil fuel heating equipment.
– Organizing neighbourhood events.
– Creating a climate hub for businesses, including a net-zero emission cohort program.
– Establishing support services for manufacturing companies.
- Focus Area Funding
Organization website and social media