Framework encourages young adults to volunteer while supporting the arts through “timeraising” auctions where those attending pledge volunteer hours to the agency of their choice, and then bid additional hours to obtain work purchased from emerging artists. Framework screens participating agencies with a view to enhancing the likelihood of meaningful and ongoing relationships between them and the new volunteers.
Building on a successful presence in Toronto and Calgary, Framework’s national expansion will bring the Timeraiser program and related activities to six more cities by 2010.
The Foundation’s grant will enable Framework to hire a national Timeraiser Manager to support local teams in delivering the program. A second position to be filled under this grant is the Relationship Manager, who will track and coordinate relations amongst sponsors, agencies and participants.
In order to consistently track and manage volunteer data, Framework will invest in a software upgrade. This will support sector-leading analysis of volunteer activity and make a valued contribution to national partners like United Way Canada and Imagine, as well as to local agencies.
- Framework’s Timeraiser Event: Promoting Volunteerism Across Canada by Brandon Judd (April 2012).
- Applied Collaboration Studios: Transforming Complex Problems into Systems of Continuous Social Innovation by Stephen Huddart and Anil Patel (2009). On Framework’s experience with tools such as Google Sites and Salesforce.com in order to organize its national organization.
- Timeraiser: Speed Dating for Volunteerism This video describes “Timeraiser” as speed dating for volunteerism (2012).
- Timeraiser: Volunteer Much This video describes how “Timeraiser” benefits artists, organizations, and volunteers(2012).
- Timeraiser: Building Community One Piece of Art at a Time This video describes “Timeraiser” from an artist’s perspective (2012).
- Framework Foundation – Timeraiser event A short video on Framework’s expansion directed by filmmaker Billie Mintz (2008).
- Visit timeraiser.ca for more information.
- General Funding
- Social and Economic Inclusion