The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation is a member of the Early Child Development Funders Working Group (ECD-FWG). The ECD-FWG is many things: a cross-Canada learning network; a deeply shared commitment to children; a link among eight very diverse foundations. Its goal is simple—the availability of quality, publicly-funded, early childhood education for every preschool child.
The ECD-FWG does not solicit or accept applications for funding. Rather, it is a resource to its membership, supporting collaboration and knowledge sharing that improves the effectiveness of our philanthropy relating to young children. The ECD-FWG’s major projects to date have been a shared investment in the creation and promotion of Early Years Study 3, and a recently published Open Letter, with much more to come.
Members of the Early Child Development Funders Working Group include:
- Atkinson Charitable Foundation;
- Fondation Lucie and André Chagnon;
- Lyle S. Hallman Foundation;
- The Lawson Foundation;
- Margaret & Wallace McCain Family Foundation;
- The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation;
- Muttart Foundation;
- Jimmy Pratt Foundation
The Early Child Development Funders Working Group in the News:
- Smart Investment in our Future, Published in the Edmonton Journal, June 30, 2015
- ECE is Essential for Prosperity, Shared on the Manitoba Child Care Association webpage, July 3, 2015
- Early Childhood Education is Vital, Published in The Telegram, July 14, 2015
- A Smarter Way to Invest in Children, Published in Toronto Star, July 17, 201
Click here to access more information about the Early Child Development Funders Working Group.