This e-learning course will introduce participants to different concepts and facets of the green economy, as well as global, national and sector-specific challenges and opportunities to advance low-carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive development. Additionally, participants will begin to develop basic skills for applying the green economy concept in a real world economic, policy and/or personal context.
After completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the concept of a green economy and explain its value
- Distinguish relevant planning processes in support of a green transformation
- Identify enabling conditions for greening national economies
- Discuss principal challenges and opportunities to advance a green economy
- Recognize the range of international and regional green initiatives and support services to foster green development
- Apply the green economy concept to a real world economic, policy and/or personal context
Date : 27 October – 19 December 2014
Duration of event : 8 weeks
Course fee : 800 USD*
*A number of full/partial fellowships are available for participants from developing countries working in the public sector, academia or non-profit organizations. For non-eligible participants the course participation fee is 800 USD.
For more information on the fellowship application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register here: Online Event Section.
Registration Deadline: 19 October 2014
Fellowship Application Deadline: 17 October 2014