We’re searching for a Digital Communications Officer. This six-month, full-time position is an opportunity to apply your skills and experience to create positive social, environmental and economic impact with a leading philanthropic organization in Canada.
Location: Canada, ideally Montreal. (Remote work is in effect while COVID-19 restrictions apply.) To apply, you must reside in Canada.
Closing date for applications: January 26, 2021
Starting date: Beginning of February 2021
Employment Type: Six-month contract, with possibility of renewal, plus benefits and vacations.
Desired Seniority: 1 – 4 years of relevant experience
To apply, please upload your CV via this form: https://mcconnell.typeform.com/to/jSWU8tSw
Digital Communications Officer
Headquartered in Montreal, and with additional staff in Ottawa, Toronto and Edmonton, the McConnell Foundation is a pan-Canadian private family foundation that supports efforts to build a more inclusive, sustainable, resilient and innovative Canada. For over 80 years we have been supporting social change in Canada.
You will join a dedicated team taking a system change approach to addressing some of Canada’s most urgent challenges – such as climate change, economic inequality, and Reconciliation.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced and dynamic team at a time of rapid transition both inside and outside the Foundation. If you want to support positive social, environmental and economic change in Canada, this is an opportunity to do exactly that. And if you’re looking to work with inspired and inspiring change makers from coast to coast to coast, learn about philanthropy and social change, while being professionally challenged, this is the job for you.
Director of Communications
The Communications Team assists in communicating the Foundation’s strategy and mission and showcasing the stellar work of the many agencies, partners and nonprofits that it supports. The successful candidate must effectively use online platforms to reach appropriate audiences in support of identified communication goals.
The successful candidate would
- Create social media content calendar and strategy plan
- Monitor, interact and engage on social media daily; post time-sensitive content
- Create Google data reports; track analytics
- Create newsletter drafts and original content for website and social media
- Website updates and maintenance as required
- Basic graphics creation and image editing for different channels
Skills and attributes
- Excellent French and English writing skills, with attention to detail
- Able to act quickly on time-sensitive tasks
- Demonstrates creativity and expertise in leveraging the features of various social media platforms
- Competence with basic design tools including photo editing
- Ability to organize and analyze data
- Highly organized
- Professionalism and diplomacy required
- Strong technical skills — e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, Mailchimp, Hubspot, Hootsuite, CRM.
- Postsecondary degree or equivalent training / expertise
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing or communications or both
- Familiarity with working in a bilingual environment.