The McConnell Foundation’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund is now closed to applications. Since its launch on May 5, 2020, the Fund has received an overwhelming response. If you have started a draft application in our granting portal but have not yet submitted, please do so prior to June 5. The team is continuously reviewing applications and will provide additional updates in the coming weeks.
Thank you to all the organizations that took the time to submit applications! We will be announcing the successful applicants soon.
The COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund was created to provide short-term support for community organizations facing increased demands, and to help organizations respond to new opportunities during the first few months of the pandemic and recovery period. We know that we can only serve a small fraction of the many organizations that require assistance during this crisis. If your organization still requires emergency funding, we recommend reviewing the following resources:
- Imagine Canada has produced an up-to-date, comprehensive overview of Federal Government relief efforts that apply to charities and nonprofits. Click here for details
- The Federal Government has announced a $350M Emergency Community Support Fund, which is being distributed via Community Foundations of Canada, The Canadian Red Cross, and United Way. Click here for details.
- Innoweave and the McConnell Foundation have launched Leading through Crisis, a coaching stream for nonprofit leaders which includes Crisis Leadership Resources, 1-1 sessions with Crisis Mentors and other upcoming supports.
The new Organizational Rebuilding stream of our Social Innovation Fund is still accepting applications. This stream aims to help charities and non-profits prepare for or implement significant organizational change so that they can better serve their communities during and following this time of crisis.
Activities under this steam could include such things as:
- developing online versions of programs
- governance innovation, including mergers or the formation of consortia to increase impact and efficiency
- creating new business models, including through revenue diversification
- improving capacity for risk management
- training staff in an adapted service
- utilizing data more effectively.
Thank you again for the overwhelming response. We look forward to working with all of the successful applicants.