The leading conference on social finance and impact investing in Canada is coming back this November.
Hosted by the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing, the 2014 Social Finance Forum: Building markets that matter will welcome over 300 attendees and 65 speakers from across Canada and the world to Toronto for workshops, pitch fairs, the Social Finance Awards, and more.
What: 2014 Social Finance Forum: Building markets that matter
Where: MaRS Discovery District, 101 College Street, Toronto, ON
When: November 6, and 7, 2014
Photo credit: MaRS Discovery District
We want a country in which:
- public, private and social sectors are engaged in active efforts to close the gap between the socioeconomic wellbeing of Indigenous and non-Indigenous people
- the public sector, private investors and philanthropists separately and collaboratively deploy financial capital to create positive social and environmental impact
- social innovation is an integral part of Canada’s innovation ecosystem, enabling civic institutions to co-create policies, initiatives and programs that enable citizens to contribute a diversity of skills and perspectives to Canadian society
- public, private and civil society sectors act collaboratively and courageously to advance human thriving and address shared challenges
- humans’ social and economic footprint is in balance with the natural ecosystems that sustain life.